Decided to make a new extruder for my 3D printer today. The 3D printer printed out the parts for itself, which is awesome!
This extruder allows easier filament loading, and more visibility when diagnosing jams, filament breaks, etc. I really like it so far!
It’s far from complete (this was just a quick test to see if it even works) but should be up and running with it very soon.
- reinstall fan
- install bed levelling sensor
- swap out some screws for better fitting ones
A pretty indulgent afternoon tinkering! Good for the soul.
Related: glad I didn’t get the manicure I planned yesterday. My nails and fingers are now in tatters.
Stretch bracelet in PLA
I wrote a post!
I finally got around to blogging about PURR, my hackathon project at the AT&T Dev Summit Hackathon ^__^
Code is far from complete, but hey I just wanted this post done.
It’s a 3D printed bracelet that measures your pulse rate for anxiety, and sends a kitten to your phone if you’re having a bad time.
Installed a direct drive extruder on my Printrbot recently, replacing the very endearing but sorta overbearing coupled gear assembly.
Had a few hiccups along the way, but always chuffed to walk away having learned a thing or two
I Plasti Dip’d my Chromebook today!
Full post here: http://meow.suziam.com/plasti-dip-on-a-chromebook/